At the beginning of the year, I wrote a post all about My 2019 Goals. I want to keep revisiting those goals throughout the year. It might be something that gives you a little help or reminder about what you want to achieve too. I think it’s so easy to forget all those new year thoughts and aspirations.
1. Take a family photo each month – Damn, I didn’t manage it! I picked up my camera a handful of times, but didn’t manage a picture of us all together. I think it was a mixture of January Blues, and just not getting my act together. So cross with myself though. I must do it in February.
2. Reduce my wardrobe – In December, I did purge my wardrobe of around 30 pieces of clothing, no shoes though. I don’t feel I can reduce it that much this winter season, and so I haven’t yet. I think as spring comes around, I will revisit this, and hopefully make good headway.
3. Follow the TOMM Method – I’ve been really happy with my routine so far. I still have some work to do, but I’m consistently doing my level one jobs each day, and mostly completing level two ones. If you are interested in how this works just google The Organised Mum Method, and there are print outs to follow. It’s really a fab and stress free way to keep on top of things without it taking very long.
4. Meal Plan – URGH! Well 2 out of four weeks I meal planned. I also only did 2 Sainsburys shops and the rest at Aldi/Lidl, so saved some money that way. Still need to sit down with the family and write a list of meals that they want to try and love to have. I try to do this every weekend, but they are resistant.
5. Have at least a day a month where I do something for me – I have something in the works for this one for the next couple of months, and I am so excited! It’s something crafty, and I already have an idea on a project. I tend to be a little quieter over January, so though I’ve been busy catching up on blog admin, I have had some time to myself over the month. Definite tick for the month!
6. Read a book a month – My goal is 12 books for the year, and I am bang on target.
7. Makeover my downstairs loo – No progress on this, but I know its going to be a slow burner.
8. Exercise – Still walking every day. I’m pushing myself and walking really fast, so I’m happy!
9. SIZE 16 – I’ve lost 5 pounds, which isn’t much, but at least its going down. I WILL be a size 14!
10. *No spend on skin care, hair products and makeup – Well January on my ‘no spend year’, went really well, and I’m using up some of my older product. I’m sharing my empties over in Instagram stories as I use them. I don’t think I will need any make-up this year, though I’m sure I’ll be tempted!
Skin care is somewhat different, as (confession) I’m obsessed. My plan is to use what I have, and not buy anything unless I have run out, and can’t find an alternative within my skin care stash. I’m hoping that by the end of the year, I will have used up lots (all?) of my duplicates, and products I’ve only partially used. This is something that I want to do for two reasons. I want to get myself out of the habit of buying more than I need, and I want to be able to save money this year.
*Exceptions to this – I will still be reviewing both skin care and makeup on here that has been gifted.
11. Feel more confident with how I look –
I had to do a little photoshoot last week, so I was thinking about this goal alot. I have made more of an effort in January but I’m still not feeling very confident about my appearence. Hoping to chip away at this one.
So overall I haven’t done brilliantly, but I’m going to attack February and do more of the 11 goals I’ve set myself.