We are inching ever closer to Christmas now, and this is the final of my gift guides this year. I hope you’ve enjoyed them, and I’ve given you a little gift inspiration.
Here is a round-up of them so far this year :
Christmas Gift Guide for the Home
First up are these beautiful slippers from Idyl Home, Shepherd Sheepskin Slippers – Hugo
I love these handmade oiled sheepskin men’s slippers. They are made by the Swedish brand Shepherd in twin faced sheepskin, which is lovely and warm to wear, whilst still allowing the foot to breathe. It also has a rubber grip sole, essential if you have hard floors I think. It feels light on the foot but very well made and comfortable. The perfect gift for the man in your life!
The gift of storage!
Something I’m always going to say a big thank you for, whatever the time of year. For this I wanted to feature Wesco and a set of 3, 2L classic line canisters in white -£74.85
The storage canister is fabulously retro I think, and perfect for so many things to store in the kitchen. It closes tightly and has a window so that you can check both what’s in there, but also how much. I’ve displayed them here next to the kettle, but I am in fact going to use these for baking supplies. They do come in other colours, 11 in fact including yellow, cool and warm grey.
How about this kitchen roll holder, also by Wesco – £28.95. If you are looking for gifts for perhaps sprucing up your or someone elses kitchen. It seems such a simple thing, but this is a Rolls Royce of a kitchen roll holder. It’s very sturdy, again comes in lots of colours, but those sides make ripping off a sheet incredibly easy, and even one-handed.
Do you know someone who is obsessed with waffles, I know I do!
Well this is a waffle machine with a little difference, as it makes bowl-shaped waffles that you can then fill with things like syrup and fruit. It’s also a very neat size for storage, which is a bonus. Who’s up for waffles on Christmas morning?
My youngest daughter Miss A, will be 10 next year, and has decided that her room is a little too babyish. So I have been looking for a suitable Christmas gift for her, that also would be good for her to use in her room. That’s when I spotted this World Map XL from Cool Gift, that’s going to be perfect. I’ll show you it in place once her room has been redecorated in the new year.
The puzzle pieces are marked with loads of countries and national capitals, and the map even comes with extra pieces shaped like the world’s most famous landmarks.
- Lists the names of bigger (and some smaller) countries and national capitals
- Includes accessories such as a tiny Eiffel Tower and the pyramids of Gizeh
- Mount using double-sided sticky tape (no glue required!)
- Comes in wooden box (35 x 24 x 5 cm)
- Includes 46 pieces, incl. monuments
- Assembly time: approx. 3 hours
- Environmentally friendly birch plywood
- Ages 14 and up
A Safe Place
The Somfy One is an all-in-one security solution that deters intruders.
- A best in class camera – A wide-angle, full-HD camera that allows you to see perfectly well both day and night, with a x8 zoom
- A loud siren – A built-in 90+dB siren that triggers automatically when intruders are detected to scare them off
- A unique privacy shutter – Automatically covers the camera’s lens and microphone when users come home
- A two-way microphone – The possibility of hearing and speaking to family members thanks to the built-in speaker and microphone
- Immediate downloads – Smartphone alerts which allow you to download 10s videos of the event free of charge, stored in the Somfy Cloud in order to prevent them from being destroyed by an intruder
- A pet friendly feature – A fully pet-immune motion sensor to avoid false alarms
It’s easy to install, and once you have plugged in a downloaded the app, you are quickly sorted. It’s compatible with Amazon Echo so you can easily control your Somfy One with your voice. There are also lot of accessories to compliment the Somfy One. We are loving it, and can definitely recommend it as a gift this Christmas.
£229 / Available from www.somfy.co.uk and Amazon
Here is a gorgeous jewellery box from Beautify – £29.99 with pale pink inserts.
Its roomy, so can fit lots of items within it, and is perfect to display on a shelf.
- Top drawer with hinged lid comes with an acrylic ‘cross-style’ divider. Middle drawer features 15 individual sections. Bottom drawer features one larger divider to create two sections.
- Made from strong premium moulded acrylic with soft pink velvet & acrylic dividers – clear design lets you view the contents of the organiser easily.
- Full size: L28 x W21 x H16.5cm
So there we have it, the gift guide, are now complete for the year. I’ll be sharing a few more Christmassy posts over the next couple of weeks, but do want to take this opportunity to wish you and all your family a very happy Christmas and prosperous new year.
Finally, is something that I’ve really been looking forward to sharing with you. Secret Projects is such an amazing company, and this is the secret pillow, that I wanted to share with you, that I will be gifting to someone I know who shares my passion for projects like this. Whats a secret pillow? Its a pillow that unfolds into a blanket. Secret Projects is a social business whose goal is to unfold women’s power in India through the making and selling of clothing and homeware. It was founded by Fritha Vincent back in 2014.
The first product produced was the Secret Pillow, a cushion which unfolds into a blanket. Secret Projects teaches women to make Secret Pillows and pays them more than double the minimum wage. Their income enables them to pay for their children to go to school, food, medicine, and other basic living costs.
We work with charities and NGOs based in India. These organisations link us to women who want to earn a living but who need help finding those opportunities. The organisations meet with the women, often in community centres, and they create an environment in which the women can meet, sew together and support each other. The groups of women who sew are called Maker Networks. Secret Projects then runs a training session using our POWER mantra to teach the women to make Secret Pillows. Importantly, we provide a route to market for what they have made – the final link in the chain they previously lacked. They are supported with training & development and the ultimate goal is for the women to become financially independent.
All items in this gift guide, were gifted to be for the purpose of the guide.
All information and opinions are my own and honest.